Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Little Bit About Me

Hello, my name is John Hamrick, although I prefer to be called by my middle name: Tyler. I graduated from high school this year and (obviously) dove straight into college. I'm studying to become a social studies teacher, I'm studying that because I know a lot about history and I find it and political science quite interesting. My free time is usually spent listening to music, finding new bands and paying attention to news related to music, specifically metal; in fact I occasionally contribute news items to my favorite metal blog, NO CLEAN SINGING. Anything I do in my free time aside from music would have to be playing games, watching tv, Facebook and day dreaming--yes, day dreaming.

I also like art, which is appropriate considering this is Art History; my favorite type of art also has to do with metal, that is, I enjoy metal album covers. To anyone outside of the metal community, the fact that metal-related artwork exists might seem surprising, and another interesting aspect is that the artwork is often complex, intricate pieces of work; my favorite album artist is Par Olofsson.

Hopefully you guys will comment on my future posts. Thanks for taking the time to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment